Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Matter of Perspective

So, I had to pay today at WW. I'll lead with that. I felt really good about how the last two weeks, and especially this past week went. I felt like I tracked well, limited the BLT's (bites, licks and tastes) and got 3 solid runs in. So, I confidently stepped up to the scale (I did bring my wallet with me, just in case, however. I didn't want to have to make the walk of shame to my purse in front of all the other people in line). The clerk told me I was 3.4 over my goal and needed to pay. What??!! That can be possible, I thought!! I knew I was down this week. I held back tears feeling really defeated, and handed her my debit card...again! My sadness quickly turned to anger when she mentioned that once I got back to goal I didn't have to pay. Really. No shit, I felt like screaming at her! I mean, she knows that I've been coming for a long time and know the drill. I was really mad.

I made my way to my seat and told Shannon that I had to pay. But as soon as I looked at my book my mood lifted. I had lost 2.2 pounds from the last time I weighed in - two weeks ago! So, that was great news!! I wished the clerk had maybe mentioned that rather than focused on the "you have to pay" part.

It is funny how news can hit you differently depending on your perspective. I like to think of this as "feedback, not failure". Any news at the scale really is just that. I'm so blessed and happy that each week we get a do-over. Actually, with every day and every meal we do. What a wonderful thing! I guess that is what "regular skinny people" or people that have never had food issues have always known. It is their best kept secret! You just don't get hung up on mistakes, bad news or perceived failures, but you move on or start over. So, that is what I will continue to do each week. What a blessing my Weight Watcher meetings and friends are in my life. They keep me grounded and ready for the next do-over!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you're building muscle? The scale doesn't account for that and your weight gain seems small enough to either be muscle, salt, water, etc. As long as your clothes fit the same, you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete