Tuesday, November 2, 2010

STILL Benched!

So, as I wrote in a previous post, I hurt my Achilles tendon in a race a week ago Saturday. I mean it swelled to the point I couldn't wear a shoe with a back on it for a few days. I talked to a friend-runner of mine the following Monday and she said I should just rest it for awhile and it will be fine. Runners don't go to the doctor for these types of things. Why? Because it is just a waste of a co-pay. The doctor will say, "Don't Run". Duh. So, that is exactly what I've been doing since Oct 23. Nothing. Now, yes, I should be cross-training. But, runners get so spoiled because running is really the perfect workout and takes the least amount of time. I mean, 30 minutes, done. There is no driving somewhere, etc. I can do it anywhere. It really is the perfect form of workout. That is under you are injured. Ugh. My foot is much better now...it is almost normal and I really need to try it out again - slowly. But the truth of the matter is, I'm chicken! I don't want to hurt it again. So, I'm stuck. I don't want to invest the time in cross-training and I'm too chicken to begin to run again. Wow, I am indeed a Taurus. Stubborn and with all or nothing thinking! But at least because I'm admitting it - there is hope, right?!

It is on my agenda (again) for tomorrow at noon. My goal will be to run 1 1/2 miles with a good 5 minute walk first and see how that feels. I'll report back...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment