Saturday, November 6, 2010

Time to Switch it Up!

So, I definitely have that change of attitude that I desperately needed! Thanks to my friends at Weight Watchers. This morning the topic was strength training and we talked about various types of activity, adding variety, etc. Also, one WW friend even invited me to a cool women-only boot camp class that she attends...they have a free "guest" day so I think I'll check it out.

After I had the chance to think about things (and talk it out cause that is what I usually have to do to figure out my life), I realized that I was putting all my eggs in one basket in terms of activity. My thinking was very all or nothing with it. In other words, if I couldn't run then I didn't want to do anything and I was really bummed about it. With my injury to my heel, I haven't been able to run and it has taken its toll on me - mostly emotionally. Can we say moody?! Why is it that I still have that all or nothing "stinkin' thinkin'" that comes back again and again? I guess it is one of those life lessons that I have to keep "practicing".

I realized I need to me more flexible, creative, and above all patient with myself. The bottom line is I just want to be active - it doesn't have to always be running. Now, don't get me wrong - I prefer running...and I am not going to give it up, but I've realized that I need to let my injury heel, be patient and let that happen, but in the meantime - GET MOVING! So, I ordered two of Jillian Michaels' (the scary, but motivational trainer on the Biggest Loser) DVD's yesterday and I'm going to explore using Life Center and maybe the other bootcamp class that I heard about.

So, the Grace and Wisdom of my WW meeting prevails again and I'm so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment