Thursday, December 2, 2010

Boot Camp-a-licious!

So I did my first boot-camp fitness class at LifeCenter this morning from 5:30am - 6:30pm and it was pretty great! This was a demo class to promote a series called "Hot for the Holidays" that they are doing through the month of December. There were two trainers that led it. After a few warm-ups - sprints, pushups, high-knees, etc we did a variety of circuit training using weights, bosu balls, and mats. We did core/ab work too. They kept it at a good pace, but every now and then we got like 60 seconds of "recovery" time for water breaks, etc. It was also a great mix of things that I could do easily, but I knew was a good workout (lounges, jumping jacks) and things that were challenging. It was a nice full hour. Now, I just have to convince my husband that I can spend the money on it! There is a cost involved per session or you can buy a package deal. I think it is totally worth it because after setting my alarm to get up and go work out the past three mornings, today was the only day I actually got my ass out of bed and went! It helps knowing that there is a group there and it will definitely help motivate me to get there if I'm paying for it! I really want to exercise regularly at this time of the day. There is a such a great feeling after working out first thing in the morning! Mucho energy, kick-starting the metabolism, and the feeling of accomplishment. Not to mention only one shower!! Bonus!

Oh, and the best news of all?!! My leg is better! Yahoo!! We even ran a bunch today...I mean, not miles, but intense sprints and I'm fine. Don't worry, I'm not going to push it, but at least I know my running career is not over!! My plan is to do the boot camp class two days a week and run the other three days. The weekend days are up for grabs! My goal is to get back in running shape for the New Year's Eve 5K on Dec 31 so I can get my blanket! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment