Thursday, July 1, 2010

First run of the month!

First run of July on July 1 - what do you know! One for one so I feel like the month is already successful running-wise. It was a nice run today - I went at about 10:15am...I'm on vacation today so I got up late (like 7:30am - ughh), ate breakfast, did paperwork, and hit the pavement. My little "pace-car" came with me on his bike too. It was pretty cool out - high 60's and no humidity. Pretty good run too...although a little tough to get motivated at first to go. I actually ran it fairly fast too (3 miles at just over 30 minutes - about a 10 minute and 4 second pace according to the ipod) and only walked once. I always feel SO incredibly great right after...the feeling of accomplishment plus just the feeling of being alive and active - my body moving and actively engaged. I wish I could bottle that feeling. I need to do a better job of recalling that feeling when I feel unmotivated to get out there. I always seem to have a much better day if it includes a run. I just feel more in control eating wise and just better about myself if I've gotten my run in. Life is good...and better with my running shoes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment