Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Could Run 500 Miles!

I had an awesome run last night! Not sure if it was because the temperature was nice (not too humid), it was a good time (about 7:30pm), or the planets aligned just right, but I felt like I could run forever. I ended up only running about 3.3 miles (it was broken up into two legs), but it just felt really good. I didn't have my iPod so no music - just my breathing and the noises of the outdoors. It was great! These are the runs that make me want to continue running! They are not always like this, but I sure love it when they are!! Of course this was after I had started my "training" with Zach and had him run/walk for 18 minutes - probably about 1 1/2 miles. He complained a little bit, but wants to do it again tonight!!

Mike had to mail something last night so we decided to make a family trip out of it. Mike and Zach rode their bikes and I ran. So we traveled to FedEx and back. It felt really good to do an activity as a family that was actually ACTIVE!! Nice. Hopefully there will be more where that came from! I have at least 496 miles to go...ha, ha, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment