Saturday, January 29, 2011

Meeting Karma

It's funny how my mood can change within 30 minutes. Well, my husband would certainly not deny this phenomenon - that is just life with me. But, I started out feeling a little bummed at my Weight Watchers meeting this morning. In spite of my workout efforts this week I am still up 5 pounds from goal and frustrated about it. At first I wanted to blame the new program. Good scapegoat, right?? But, then I talked to Nancy who asked me one simple question, "What are you doing differently?" I had to admit it. I know that I'm not completely tracking my snacks at night and probably going over my points. Plus, I think I'm doing that "I'm sleepy so I need to snack" thing again which is just stupid. So, the goal this week is to go to bed when I'm tired. Sounds simple doesn't it?? Also, I'm going to try to have a better check in with myself about if I'm actually hungry or not. Duh.

But, my morning got 110% towards the end of the meeting. One of the newer ladies in the room had a celebration and Nancy asked her what she had been doing to be successful. She answered by saying that she is tracking and blogging about her experiences. My ears perked up when I heard the blogging part and I smiled and nodded. Nancy said, oh, you should talk to her and motioned to me. I gave the woman a thumbs up and she ended up asking for my information so she could read my blog. Very cool. And then, like a minute later another new gal asked for my information too. I was flattered, but more than that I was inspired. I was inspired to keep on going in my own journey. It has its ups and downs, but it turns out we are all in this together and can offer each other support and encouragement along the way and it is such a big help!

These new ladies probably have no idea how much they inspired and encouraged me this am. Maybe until they read this post, that is!! So, if you are reading - thank you!!! And best of luck in your own journey. You can do it! Hope to see you next Saturday!!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's the piece I was missing before. Someone who's done it. Someone who can "talk" me through the rough spots just by reading their writing. Someone who will continue to strive even when in maintenance. It teaches me a valuable lesson. That its not ever over. Before when I got to a goal, I'd relax and I just can't. I'll be there! Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually just thinking the other day of letting you know that you as a person and through your blog have been an amazing inspiration to me. You probably know that I weighed quite a bit more in high school, and lost probably 15-20 pounds in college. After I graduated and didn't have access to the free gym/pool anymore, I started to really slack off. After almost 2 years of thinking about working toward a healthier me, I finally made the decision to fully commit to it as my New Year's Resolution. Reading your blog and seeing how far you have come has really helped me see that it's all worth it--and it's given me a much better attitude. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to both of you. Thanks for taking the time to write to me (and read) and all the best to you as you continue in your journey. You can do it!!!! Cheers to a little bit less of us everyday!

    ReplyDelete