Friday, October 8, 2010

Back on the Road Again

So I did not need to pay at WW yesterday, finally!!! After last week being up AGAIN at the scale and paying my $11.00, I had determined to get back on track. It is not that I was way off track, but just getting a little sloppy with tracking and mostly thinking about maintaining rather than losing. So much of this is a battle of the mind, for sure. SO, this past week I went back to the "losing mode" and went back down to 18 points and what do you know?! Back to where I need to be on the scale. This is why I keep going to meetings...this maintaining thing is difficult - definitely more challenging than the actual losing part. I think this is how people put weight back on...they become lax and let 1 or 2 pounds come back on and not keep it in check. Before you know it, it has turned into 10 or 15 and so on. I think that is why WW has the +2 rule because who really maintains the EXACT amount week after week of their entire life. No one. That is just crazy talk. Our bodies are living, breathing, changing things that are impacted by hormones, time of year, stress, etc.

Yes, weight watching is a continuum and the journey never ends. Right now I'm on "Keeping it in Check Road". Where are you on yours?

1 comment: