Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mama Needs New Shoes....Again!

Okay, you know how they say that you need new running shoes about every 6 months? Well, I got my last pair in May and it is now October...the 2nd...and during the last half of my run this am my legs were killing me! At first I was like, what the heck is going on? But then I counted the months and sure enough - 6 months, like clockwork. A (another) trip to Dicks is in my very near future. I was still able to get my three miles in, but the last 1/2 mile was not pleasant and that is just not cool...or good for my legs. They are expensive, but when you think about it - it really is the only piece of equipment that you NEED to get for running. Well, shoes plus a good sports bra(s) if you are a lady. Well, and some cool pants for outside in cold weather...maybe some long-sleeved shirts for outside in the cold. BUT shoes are the most important! Whatever...I'm worth it and so is my health! Right?!!!

3 comments:

  1. do you wear yours for other activities? I have another pair of shoes (cross-trainers) that I wear for other workouts and I only wear my running shoes for running (that way they last a little longer). I also really like having Superfeet in mine - for added cushioning (the soles will still wear out). But yeah, saving your shins is totally worth the investment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I was reading that runner's should buy their shoes at specialty stores- it specifically mentioned as example 'not Footlocker at the mall' so I'm not sure where Dick's falls...the reasoning was, a real specialty shop will know what shoe for your gait & style & will look at your old shoes & see where they wear & find a shoe that works & lasts longer for you... I wouldn't know where to find any of these specialty shoe stores, but as much as you're doing, maybe you should look into it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Noor - no, I only use them for running...i love the Nike Pegasus
    @Kerbi - yes, when I first got shoes a year ago May I got fitted at Second Sole - recommendation from my oldest son who runs track...and bought the Nike Pegasus. Once I found "my shoe" now I just purchase the same model in a different color! I just bought my third pair tonight!

    ReplyDelete