Thursday, October 21, 2010

What the Hail?!

So, there is first time for everything! During my lunch run today I thought I might get rained on. The sky looked a little threatening and within about 5 minutes I felt some really cold rain drops starting to fall. Soon I began to hear and feel the rain, no scratch that...hail falling on me! It only lasted for a few minutes, but it was enough to see it on the ground - about pencil eraser size. After a few minutes it changed to an uneventful spitty rain and I was very glad I had my rain jacket on. So mark it down, hail on Oct 21. It was an awesome run, however. It was one of those runs that reminds me why I run to begin with...great feeling of being alive and strong. Until of course I hacked for like 30 minutes afterwards! But again, so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment