Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blind Yoga

Thursday, June 2
Yoga at lunch

So, the training program said "rest" today, but since I did that on Tuesday I decided that Yoga was in order today. As always, so glad I did.

The challenge today, however, was that although I can make running work with my glasses on (yep, still sporting them cause of those pesky allergies. Allegra seems to be working great, but just giving my eyes a rest for this week), the same cannot be said of yoga. I mean beginning with the first down-dog pose they were slipping of my face. Since there was no duct tape or any other device at the ready to keep them plastered to my head, off they came. I gently placed them on the block next to my mat. I hardly ever use the block anyways, so it served as a good little shelf. I wasn't sure how this would work without my glasses. I mean, truly the only thing I can do without my glasses is,...well...sleep! I'm pretty blind without corrective lenses. However, as it turns out I don't really need to see to do yoga. I mean, that should figure. Most of the time I have my eyes closed anyways. I think it actually helped me to not have my "eyes on" during class. I had to rely more on feel, listen well for instructions, get more into my body for the poses, and most importantly for this little competitive girl - stop looking at everybody else! Just another little learning lesson for Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment