Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chaturanga

Thurs, June 9
Yoga at lunch

So, I'm learning more about the actual terms used in yoga. The one that our teacher uses a lot is "chaturanga". She also sometimes adds "high to low". This pose really strengthens core and arm muscles. You basically go from a high push-up to a low pushup and then back into downward facing dog. You can see how this is supposed to be done here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iPqC09TX9c

It is so interesting learning more about yoga. I'm so glad that I'm doing it. I do feel generally more stretched out and I think it will definitely help me with my running training. I wore my contacts today, but I tried to keep my eyes closed as much as possible. We also tried a new pose today called camel...she showed us three different ways to do it - definitely challenging!
I did not look exactly like this today, but I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment