Monday, June 6, 2011

Get 'er done!

Mon, June 6
Ran for 45 minutes
Distance: 3.99 miles; Average Pace: 11'17"

Good run this am! I was actually able to start at 6am and still get to work by 8:30am. It really helps that I am pretty low maintenance (not what my husband says, however) with short hair and very little make-up. I don't have time for that crap. I saw a bunny, a few bikes and a couple runners. I ran with my glasses on again, but it wasn't that bad. For the most part my headband holds them on my face in spite of my crazy sweating. The funniest part is that they fogged up a bit here and there. I felt like I was running a lot faster than 11 min/mile, but whatever. Monday runs are always a gamble. I just am glad I got my butt out of bed and got 'er done this morning before getting too hot out. I SO prefer getting it done first thing in the day too. Get that metabolism going and then I can concentrate on the rest of the day.

I learned yesterday that the new series of bootcamp started today. I am not going to do it this time. For one thing it is Mon, Wed, Fri which does not work for me since my cross-training days are T, TH. So, now I just have to determine if I'm going to just stick to yoga on T, TH or if I'll make up my own strength training workout to do in the am and then add yoga in when I can (read: all the time!). I think I'll probably pick the later. I feel like I'm missing my core workouts!! I need some planks in my life!!!

Have an awesome Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment