Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh yeah, running with glasses!

Wed, June 1
Ran 50 minutes at lunch outside
Distance: 4.43 miles; Average Pace: 11"18'

Today I realized that I can actually stretch after I have already started running (duh). I know it is better to stretch warm muscles, but I never want to start out walking 5 minutes...but I know I should. This time I stretched a tad before starting and then about 1/2 to a 3/4 of a mile in I stretched again (those damn calves) and it felt much better for the rest of the run. And it only took a few seconds. This will definitely become a habit.

Couple other things I learned during this run:

1. I will actually have to remember to use my glide next time. Maybe I should put an extra in my locker. I forgot to throw in my under armour shorts today and have the road chafe to prove it!!! Yikes.

2. I can be startled enough to scream bloody murder when a little black dog darts at my feet barking! I wish I could have seen myself - looked a fool, I'm sure! He was harmless, but scared me, but good. I could have taken him, though.

3. The wind is my friend. It was a about 75 degrees, but really nice with a breeze.

4. My stretching revelation (see above).

5. Running with glasses can be done just fine. I have used this as an excuse not to run in the past, but no more. Allergies you will not be the victor!

Oh and how about this for a comic mental image for your humpday...me, sweaty, wearing my glasses, my shorty running shorts and my "runner mom" head band and waddling back to the locker room because of the chafe rash. Yes, please laugh - it was quite a site!!

1 comment:

  1. I like to use Neosporin triple antibiotic cream on chafe to help it not sting and to heal quickly. We've all been there, that's why we own glide too!

    ReplyDelete