Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yogaahhhh!

Tues, June 7
Yoga at lunch

Today's class was really tough - in a good way! The progression of poses was really tough so it was a good challenge. I sweat like crazy! It is warmer in the fitness studio now that we have nicer weather outside. My baby wipes seem to work okay to freshen up, however, as by the time class is over I've cooled down quite a bit. It is a bit different than cardio stuff. But, it is really good strength training. I'm hoping to keep using yoga as my cross-training activity. Perhaps I'll switch it up every now and then, but I'm finding it hard (at least today again) to get up at 5am to go workout at Life Center. Funny, I was very motivated all during the winter, but that is probably because I had signed up for the bootcamp class. I want to be very careful this time, however, not to overtrain, so I'm not gonna push it.

In other news, I talked to one of my "marathon heros" at work today about doing the Akron full. He was really encouraging and gave me hints about getting ginger candies to have around mile 18 - he said it keeps you thirsty and prevents nausea. Gulp. Didn't know that could/would be a problem! He told me that the later half of the Akron course is pretty hilly so I should work in some hill workouts. I need to find some good hill areas around me and plan out a course. I also asked him about whether or not I should join that running group. He said that if I'm already pretty motivated to do my long runs not to waste the money. That is kind of what I thought so I think I'll forgo that. It is so nice to know people that I consider experts so I can quiz them and get advice from them. He has only run about 58 marathons!!! Yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment