Saturday, April 23, 2011

No Walking Today!

Sat, April 23
Ran 7 miles outside at about 8:40am
Time: 1:17:21; Average Pace: 11'03"

Today's run was pretty nice. The rain had moved off and it was about 59 degrees with the sun peaking out every now and then. I was actually warm at first, but then I turned into the wind and it felt really good. I wore my new running shorts and a short sleeved tech shirt. These shorts are cool because the iPod pocket is in the inside back. I did my 6 mile route and then just added a loop around the neighborhood to get to 7. I felt good after 2 miles, but then great after 3.

My biggest triumph, however, was that I did not walk at all! That is the first time in a long time that I have done that on an outside run so I was pretty stoked about it, especially considering the hills! I felt good about my time too. Although my average time was 11'03", my pace stayed under 11 minutes until the last mile when it was 11'02". Now that I think about it, that average pace does not really compute. Oh, well - no biggie if the iPod is off a bit - I'm just glad it worked! I had a freak out moment last night when it wouldn't charge or turn on at all no matter what I did. At first I thought that it was a goner...that maybe it realized it was Good Friday and behaved as such (okay, bad joke, but I couldn't help it). But, I'm happy to report that the iPod did not wait three days to be resurrected. I plugged it in this morning and to my delight it charged right up! I may have to get something else sometime, but I really don't think there are other options that both track distance and stuff, play music and talk to you!

So, two more long runs left before the race. This is gonna be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment