Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Best Damn Greek Salad Ever!

Tuesday, May 31
So I was supposed to cross train for 30 minutes today, but unfortunately my allergies got the best of me so I slept terribly. I had a luncheon so no yoga and a meeting tonight so there was just no way of getting it in. Hey, I'm actually okay with it! One day in and I'm already missing workouts! I'm not gonna stress about it...nope.

Instead I'm going to tell you about the best damn Greek salad I've ever had. I went out to Hiroshi's Pub in Beachwood. What made this particular salad the best damn Greek salad ever, you ask? Well, I'm gonna tell ya. It was so good because it came with optional shredded smoked chicken on it rather that an actual chicken breast. Not only was this chicken easier to eat because it was shredded, but it was also tastier than its rubber chicken cousin that can sometimes accompany lesser salads of this type. It was a nice size that had the standard Greek accouterments...onion, cucumber, tomatoes, and feta. But the best part of this salad was the addition of artichokes. Not only were they tasty in the salad, but the little bit of juice from them totally took the place for need of any dressing. This salad had me with the shredded chicken, but sealed the deal with the artichokes. I'll definitely have this again and probably try it at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment