Saturday, May 7, 2011

Massage for the Body and the Heart

Thanks to the advice of a few awesome friends and a running coach online I got a therapeutic massage yesterday to try to heal my calf. It was only 30 minutes, but it really worked to loosen and release the muscles. The therapist was a runner herself so she really knew what she was doing.

Then at Weight Watchers this morning I had a couple really good conversations with some good friends who helped me feel that I can still do this. I have felt a little bit down about not being able to stick to my plan perfectly and felt my confidence decrease a bit. But these awesome ladies (and gentlemen) have reassured me that I got this. I felt so much better after talking with them this morning. That plus my workout this morning and I'm feeling much better about things.

This is another life lesson, really. How often do we just give up or get so upset when things don't go according to the plans that we have made. We just see the negative and don't remember to see the good things (at least I have a week to recover, at least my injury wasn't worse). No, we tend to blow things out of proportion if things are not just perfect or the way we wanted it to be. This is a lesson for me in flexibility, patience and humility. When things don't go exactly as planned, shift yourself, and count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment