Monday, May 9, 2011

Biofreeze...the alternative to ice, ice baby!

Mon, May 9
Ran 2 miles on the indoor track at Life Center
Time: 22:35; Average Pace: 11'18"

I ran this morning - yahoo!! After taking a few days off to heal my calf I decided to try it today. My calf was feeling much better during the day yesterday and good this morning. I went to Life Center instead of outside because I wanted to make sure I had a back-up cross training plan to do in case the running was not happening. Thankfully it felt pretty good! I had a little bit of the normal calf soreness that I've had throughout most of my training, but nothing as intense as last week. I went easy and only ran half what the training program said. I could have gone the whole 40 minutes pretty easily, but I just didn't want to push it. I spent a good amount of time before and after stretching.

Then after my shower I tried this stuff that the massage therapist gave me called "Biofreeze". It is this gel stuff that you rub onto a sore muscle area and it is supposed to make it feel better through cooling it. It is awesome! It felt really good and started working right away. That plus ibuprofen and I'll be set for the day! The sample she gave me lasts for 4 uses so I'm going to save some for after the race. I need to look into getting more - this stuff is awesome!!

I feel confident that I can do this. A big part of running this week for me is just to reassure myself that I can perform on Sunday! 6 days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment