Saturday, May 28, 2011

Go Big or Go Home!!

I wanted to blog last night, but for some reason I could not get through on blogger so finally here we go...

I decided to go for the FULL marathon in Akron in September!!! After much thinking and deliberation and after much support and encouragement from friends I decided to just go for it! The final nudge I needed was getting the "go for it" from super runner/trainer/coach - Jenny Hadfield. She's my facebook friend, you know (along with ya know, 2600 other people so we are pretty much best friends). Anyway, my new friend Lyn originally told me about her and encouraged me to ask her advice about the FULL. I did and she gave me the thumbs up too!!

Cut to last night. I bit the bullet, took a leap of faith and signed up! The fee goes up after 5/31 so I wanted to make sure to get in on the cheaper price before then. I'm pretty stoked and ready to get back into training mode on Monday. Before any Memorial Day fun happens I'll be starting my first official run for what will be a 17-week training program. Did I mention that I get a sweet jacket? Check it out here: http://www.akronmarathon.org/marathon.aspx. While you are at it, sign up for a race to if you are game!!!

Now to figure out a theme for this training program blog series. Hmm. I have already found a mantra song that I love. It is Lady Gaga's new song "Edge of Glory". Say what you want about her, but she does have some pipes. I really like this part:

"Its time to feel the rush, to push the dangerous
I'm gonna run back to, to the edge with you
Where we can both fall over in love
I'm on the edge of glory, and I'm hangin' on a moment of truth
I'm on the edge of glory, and I'm hangin' on a moment with you
I'm on the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge, the edge!!
I'm on the edge of glory, and I'm hangin' on a moment with you
I'm on the edge with you"

No comments:

Post a Comment