Saturday, May 21, 2011

Recovery Week

Sat, May 21
Ran 3 miles today outside at 8:45am
Time: 32:03; Average Pace: 10:41

Today was the first time running since Sunday. My legs felt iffy at the beginning, but it felt good during the run. I had felt like kind of a slacker during this week with just doing yoga, but I know that was the best thing. My legs felt really achy later in the afternoon so I had to take some ibuprofen. It was also starting to get hot today during the run. I need to try to run earlier in the morning and I need to start bringing water with me, especially for longer runs. I'm going to check out one of those water belt things at Dick's, I think.

I'm following the four week recovery program that was on the bottom of my training schedule. I figure, why not, right? It gradually works you back up to 7 miles on the last long run. That gives me four weeks to figure out what I want to train for next. I sorta want to train for another 1/2, but I'm not sure which one. The Akron one is Sept 24 and the Stomp the Grapes one in Hartville is Nov 5. I don't think it would be advisable to do both. I also am not sure if I should do another tri. I think that the Portage lakes one is in September too. Part of me does not want to do the training for the biking and swimming part, but I don't know. I also want to do the Hudson 5K that is in July and the Firecracker run July 4 in Stow. I guess I first need to settle on which 1/2 to do and plan accordingly and then maybe look into 5K and 10K runs to practice on during the summer.

Sounds like a plan and boy do I like those!

No comments:

Post a Comment