Saturday, May 7, 2011

On the road to recovery

Sat, May 7
Did 30 minutes on the elliptical at a level 6; Burned 266 calories

So yes, I did not do the 6 mile run that was on my training program schedule today. The general consensus from everyone I talked to, facebooked and chatted with said not to, so I didn't, but to cross-train instead with the elliptical or spinning instead.

I have to say that the elliptical was a pretty good workout! I haven't done one in quite awhile so it took a few seconds to remember how to use the machine. I had no idea what level to put it on so I just guessed and I definitely felt like I got a good workout. The sweat factor was pretty high! I also enjoyed the fact that I had no pain, whatsoever in my calf muscles - SCORE! That hasn't happened in a long time too...different muscle groups for sure! After I was done I did an ab circuit. Many have told me that I should continue to make sure my core is strong. I did 60 butterfly kicks and 60 bicycles (broken up 30 and 30) and then finished with a one-minute plank. I stretched before and after the workout as well. My calf feels pretty good - not normal, but much better.

My plan is to rest tomorrow and just see how I feel on Monday. I will either try to run a short distance or continue to cross train on Monday. One day at a time this week. What I do know for sure is that I'll be downtown a week from tomorrow celebrating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment