Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The pool is cool!

Tues, May 3
5:30am - 35 minutes of swimming at Life Center

Wow - swimming is definitely awesome exercise! I broke in my new suit this morning bright and early. The lifeguard offered me goggles which was great since I didn't have any. I alternated strokes between the breast stoke, side stoke and freestyle. i started counting laps when I started, but totally lost count. Next time I want to figure out a way to track them because that would be good to know. I figured there would be like one person there at that hour - wrong! There were 3 other woman already swimming when I arrived and a bunch more going in the pool when I left. More hard core people - I love it!

I haven't swum since last summer and haven't swum freestyle in probably years! It felt really good and was a great workout. I stopped midway through to rest a minute and then continued on. My schedule said 35 minutes of cross training so that is what I committed to doing in the pool, but whoa that was hard. I caught myself checking the clock after like 10 minutes! But, I did it. My muscles felt good and tired afterward. My right calf has a little bit of an issue, but I'll work through that with yoga today, hopefully. I blame that track. Stupid track...

No comments:

Post a Comment