Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Just Breathe

Tues, May 10
Yoga at lunch for cross-training

Ahhh, yoga! Seriously, where has this been all my life?! I think I always had the wrong impression of what yoga is. I used to think it involved a lot of meditation that I couldn't do because my mind would always wander. Yes, it is true, regular meditation is challenging for me, but yoga is a different thing all together, I've discovered.

It is so good as a mental break because you are totally focused on the feeling in your body and your breath. Just being. It is something we forget that we know how to do as adults, I think. I know that it is good for the body in so many ways too - for digestion, the organs, etc. Not to mention the stretching - it is unbelievable for that.

I just found out today that the classes at JCU (did I mention they are free!!) are going to be offered all summer, too. Score! If you haven't tried it yet, I strongly encourage you to do it. I guarantee you will not be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment