Monday, May 2, 2011

When the going gets tough, the tough keep running!

Mon, May 2
Noon - Ran 45 minutes on the indoor track at JCU
Distance: 4.03 miles; Average Pace: 11'11" mile

So I knew I wasn't going to get up early today...a rainy Monday following my longest run to date - not happening. So, my plan was to run outside at noon. It just looked yucky out at noon and I just didn't feel like dealing with wet today, plus I had a score to settle with the indoor track so up I went! Last time I ran the indoor track I had to stop after like 5 minutes and walk and I felt so defeated. So, yes I could not let that track have the last word.

I'm not gonna lie - like all my Monday runs it sucked at the start. So much so that I was thinking about only doing half of it today. However, after about 22 minutes in, like usual, magic happened and my legs felt MUCH better. Then, I played a little game with myself for the last half. I mean it is so boring running the "oval from hell" that you have to do something to keep your sanity! I kept thinking that I could stop just after 35 minutes, but then I extended it to 40 minutes and then I only had 5 more minutes to go and I could totally do that! So, I ended up completing the whole workout as originally scheduled.

In yo face track! You're not the boss of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment