Monday, February 14, 2011

2nd Week and the Curse of the Mondays

Monday, Feb 14
12noon
32:14 minutes on the indoor track at JCU
3 miles; Pace: 10:44 per mile
So yes, another lunchtime run on the indoor track. Ugh. This time I went to bed at a good time, but did not sleep well at all. So, the 5am alarm was not happening. So indoor track it was and curiously my foot went numb again. Now, it hasn't done that since last Monday. So, I'm blaming Monday - like the day. Oh, and the track itself. It is banked on the sides so it is almost like uneven. It's hard to explain, but it just sucks. I even went the other direction today to try to prevent this from happening. I noticed some cramping after the first 5 minutes so I stopped for a minute to do a calf-wall stretch. That seemed to help a bit. I did the same thing 15 minutes in, but then at about 20 minutes - numb. The good news is that it dissipates as soon as I start walking, so that is good. I stretched good after too. Maybe it is just my body revolting against Mondays. That's okay, I'm only half listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment