Friday, February 18, 2011

Blown Away

Fri, Feb 18
12noon, Ran outside!!
About 35-40 minutes
Distance - ??

So, first time running outside today since October, I think, save for the New Year's Eve 5K which turned out to be like 50 degrees! It was great, but windy! I was literally almost blown away! I don't have good running stats today as I brought the wrong shoes. Of course I didn't realize this until after I started my run and my iPod wouldn't connect. Duh. The chip is in my newer shoes. I was a little worried about running in my older shoes, but it turned out okay after all. No music and no tracking...just me, the road and the wind. I was blown away by some other things too: how nice it was to be outside again in shorts and a long-sleeved shirt, in spite of a few melting snow piles, and how how much stronger I felt running today than last fall. I was also more adaptable today than normal. Usually if I had the wrong shoes, or no music I would have a minor freak-out or at least at minimum some anxiety about the situation. But this time, I was like, okay, whatever - let's do dis. I enjoy being on this training schedule because it is like I don't have to make the choice everyday. Will I or won't I work out? Nope...I have to do it. The choice has already been made. Cool.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I took the kids to the playground this morning. It wasn't too windy then, but I can sure hear it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beats scrubbing tile grout! I'm so sore, but burned quite a bit of calories while doing something I have to anyway.

    ReplyDelete