Monday, February 7, 2011

Starting on the road to 13.1!

Day 1
Mon, Feb 7
12noon, Indoor Track at JCU
Ran 30 minutes at about 85%
Distance - 2.88 miles

I stayed up a little later to watch the Super Bowl last night, so my 5am workout was not happening. Lunch was it. I walked two laps first and then started running. I used my iPod so I could track the time better and use some music. After 20 minutes in, my right foot began going numb, like when your arm falls asleep, ya know? It was the weirdest thing. I kept going and pushed through until I got to 30 minutes, but it just got worse. My whole foot felt that way. The good news is when I ended my run and started walking it went away and I didn't have any pain at all. It was just the numbness. I asked some other ladies in the locker room if they had experienced it and I got mixed feedback. Most said, yes, and that it was due to tight laces. I don't think that is my problem, however. Weird. I think I'll google this tonight to try and learn more...

4 comments:

  1. Make sure you stretch and do the alphabet with your feet throughout this process. You'll be glad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't speak specifically for the numbness, but I was told do to the alphabet as much as possible during my marathon and 1/2 marathon training. It was walking, but I think it's still important. I would do it several times during the day (desk at work etc)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, maybe i'm really dense, but what do you mean by "do the alphabet"? i've never heard of that before....

    ReplyDelete