Saturday, February 26, 2011

Thank you for the Music

Sat, Feb 26
8:30am - ish - Ran the track at LifeCenter
Distance: 5 miles; Time: 51'57"; Pace: 10'22"

Good run this morning! I felt strong and it felt a little bit easier to run 5 miles this week than last week (my first time at that distance). And I think I was a bit faster today so that is always good, I suppose. I was trying to make a mental note about how I felt throughout the run.

Here's the breakdown of today: I felt good and warmed up after the first mile. Then, by the half-way point I felt like I was flying. Between mile 3 and 4 was the hardest part - I really had to push it through. Probably partly because this has been my "go-to" distance for so long - 3 miles. Good thing I had my son's crazy frog song version of "Cotton-Eyed Joe" as well as some Dixie Chicks ("Good-Bye Earl") to propel me. Oh, and I can't forget the 80's throw-back, "Money For Nothing", by Dire Straits. Those were all good motivators. I'm pleased with my new long run track I created last weekend. Then between 4 and 5 miles I felt like I was on autopilot. I told myself...just one more mile. I mean, it is just one more mile, right?? Just one more mile. Simple. Sound like a new mantra to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment