Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Going the distance!

Wed, Feb 23
Approx 6am - Ran the track at LifeCenter
35 minutes; 3.44 miles; Pace: 10'13"

Today felt like a hard run. My legs were sore during my workout. Now, they are fine, but they felt sore during the run. I felt slow today too - probably because there was a really fast woman who kept passing me on the track. I started feeling badly about my speed, but then realized that I recognized her from a 5K in October, I think. She placed for her age group (I think first!). So, speed is all relative I suppose. I have to just remember that it is not about speed for me. It is about getting it done. Showing up and completing the run - check. Maybe at some point I'll be about the speed, but for now it is all about going the distance, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment