Thursday, February 3, 2011

Not sitting down!

Thursday, Feb 3
5:30am - 6:30am
Bootcamp at Lifecenter
Today was great! It had been a week since the last bootcamp since we didn't have it on Tuesday and it felt good to get back into it. We concentrated on arms and backs again today with one circuit across the gym; a good overall workout.

One weird thing I noticed today was my lack of sitting between circuits. We will get like a 30 second water break and the other two girls sit down on the steps, take a break and drink their water. I never do that - I just grab a quick drink and I'm ready to get back at it. This is how it is in other group exercise classes too, like the killer Bosu class so I guess I'm just used to it. You just grab a drink and jump back in! One of them even commented on it today and said, "man, Lisa never takes a break!" Now, it is not like I'm trying to be some show-off or martyr about this. And to be honest, part of me thinks that if I sit down I won't want to get back up! But, I mean, these exercises are not THAT strenuous that I NEED to actually sit down for 30 seconds. Plus I just like to keep going - once that flow is going, heart rate is up and I'm sweating, I just like to push forward. Sitting down would be like a buzz kill, for me I guess. I also am that person that after running a 5K I need to walk for a minute with my bottle of water before talking or interacting with anyone at all. I'm always surprised to see someone sit right down after a running or bend over with their hands on their knees. Walk it off, for God's sake! But, hey, we are all different and that is great. No, if you will excuse me I need to take a break from writing - carpel tunnel, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment