Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stop the Insanity?!!

Thurs, Feb 10
12noon, JCU Gym
Did the Insanity tape (Max Recovery)

So today was a cross-training day and since Mike is out of town I could not go to my normal boot-camp class this am so I planned to go to this "Insanity" workout class thing during lunch. It is organized by one of the guys from ROTC at Carroll and it looks really intense - bootcamp-esque, so I figured I would join them today. It meets Tuesday and Thursdays at noon. Today, it was me, three students, two staff members and the military dude. Have you heard of this "Insanity" thing? And, no, not Susan Powder!!! That girl is crazy!!!

The class follows a video series that features an army dude instructing a bunch of people - they might all be military - not sure about that. Evidently there are a number of different routines. Today was called "Max Recovery" and it was like yoga meets the military. Lots of very good stretches involving intervals of plank push-ups and the like. It was very challenging and fun. I kept up pretty well with everyone else. It was not that much cardio so I didn't sweat too much, but good stretching so that was good. My only complaint was that I wished I had a mat! Those planks are killers on your elbows on just the gym floor. I found out after the class that the "Max Recovery" is like a break compared to the other classes. The Tuesday workout was a killer, evidently. The army guy says, "Yeah, I puked". Gulp. The guy in the military puked??!! After hearing that, part of me wants to never go back and part of me is curious about the challenge and wants to see if I can beat the military dude! I may just have to check it out next week since my boot camp is canceled. I'll let you know...

1 comment:

  1. Go for it! Just remember to modify and take a break when you need it. It's worth pushing yourself (but don't get injured). Classes are an individual group sport. :-)

    Do you ever take spin classes?

    ReplyDelete