Saturday, February 19, 2011

Running out of track(s)

Sat, Feb 19
5 miles, Lifecenter Track
53:37; Pace: 10:42

So, I ran 5 miles today for the first time...EVER! I had made it to 4 before, but never 5. The run itself felt pretty good, but I must admit I'm glad tomorrow is my rest day. Whew! I don't have pain anywhere really, I just feel that I ran 5 miles which is okay...because I did! The funny part of my run today was that as I started on mile 5 I realized that my "madrunning" music track on my iPod was probably going to end. I had only put like 14 songs on it a long time ago when I was only running three miles. So I wondered what would happen then...would the music just stop? Would it stop tracking my workout? Nope, no worries. It just started out at the beginning again! This was a good reminder that I need to make some new and longer tracks soon.

The highlight of my run, however, was that I met another woman who is also training for the Cleveland half, is new to running and just ran 5 miles for the first time today too! Oh yeah, we high-fived. We exchanged info and it will be fun to encourage each other through our training this spring. It has been neat to run into so many people who are also running in this race. Just so cool.

But, I will enjoy my day of rest tomorrow and be back at it on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment