Tuesday, February 22, 2011

God Bless the Broken Road

I was so flattered to be asked by a new friend for a WW pep talk of sorts yesterday. She just needed to talk a bit and get some advice from someone who has traveled a little further on this weight loss road than she. I enjoyed talking with her and hopefully she was able to take a few nuggets from our conversation to help her.

What I found so amazing from this interaction is just how different we all are. As I was listening to her story and making some suggestions, it just reinforced how we are all indeed on our own weight loss or weight maintenance journey. While suggestions are helpful, it is so true that what works for one person may not work for another. The same is also true for the same person - one time it will work and one time it won't! This is a blessing and a curse, I think. I'm glad the road is not straight, but filled with delightful opportunities for us to learn more about ourselves, our habits, and our idiosyncrasies and therefore grow (on the inside - not bigger!!). So, God bless the broken road that has led me to learn more about me and meet SO many wonderful new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment