Saturday, February 12, 2011

My First "Long" Run

Sat, Feb 12
8:30am
Ran 4 miles at Lifecenter -indoor track
Time:41:47; Pace 10:24
So today was my first official "long" run of my training. Over the 14 weeks the Saturday run is the long run. Today was the shortest at 4 miles, but the distance will increase over the weeks. I felt really good the entire way and I could have run longer. The indoor track didn't bug me and I wasn't even that bored. I used my iPod and just people watched. This was just the workout I needed to motivate my eating plan for this week. I was up AGAIN at the scale this am and I sick of it. I'm bound and determined to break this trend this week! But that is another blog entry...

2 comments:

  1. You have such a "following" that I didn't get to talk to you at the meeting. If you can't tell already, I'm an introvert :). Congrats on your long run. I think you of all people know that the numbers on the scale are not the only measure of success. You are such an inspiration! I bet there was a time when you couldn't run for 41 minutes or for 4 miles. Hell I can't even do it for 4 minutes! But I can do it for 1 minute and 15 seconds and guess who made me even want to try? Guess who even gave me an inkling it was possible? Even at MY weight!. You will lose again (I don't have to tell you this. You know it inherently). Your body is accommodating the new muscle...the scale is WW's measure of success. Success is the measure to which you've changed your lives and others. Have a great week...if only because you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gillian, what a blessing you are to me! Thank you for your kind message. It brought tears to my eyes. You are a rockstar with your own loss this week!! I'm definitely in the Dr. Gee fan club!! Maybe we can make a point to sit together next Sat. I truly enjoy our cyber friendship so far!

    Have an awesome week!!!

    ReplyDelete