Monday, February 28, 2011

Start of Week 4!

Mon, Feb 28
Around 1:30pm
Ran 35 minutes at indoor track at LifeCenter
Distance: 3.46 miles; Pace: 10'08"

After two false starts today I finally got my training run in. I am bound and determined not to miss one! First, I slept in because I was kept up all night by a crazy thunderstorm that seemed to go on, and on, and on! Then the plan was to run at lunch. Great plan...until I got to the locker room and realized I forgot my towel. Crap...foiled again! Okay, so plan C included leaving work a little earlier than planned (I had Zach's conference at 3pm), run at LifeCenter and then head to the conference. That was the ticket!

So, success! No workout missed. However, I have another dilemma of sorts. I had a particular pain in the neck right after my run today. Thankfully, it went away in about a half-hour after my shower, but it is really strange. I'm wondering if I'm holding my neck tilted to one side when I run. I was just reading in my running magazine how you can get your form videotaped in order to correct form problems (for lots of money). I'm not going that far, but I did go so far to ask my husband if he had ever noticed if I do that. Without missing a beat he said, "yeah, you tilt your head to one side". Okay, good to know! Now, I just have to figure out how to counteract that in order to fix it Hmmm. I'm wondering if going the opposite direction on the track would help. Need to ask my runner friends, I guess!! The only problem is that the track direction is already predetermined and I go the same direction on M, F and Sat. Wed is different so that is good. And, of course, all of this doesn't matter once I'm back outside. Come on spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment