Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bootcamp must go on...

Thurs, March 31
5:30am - 6:30am - Bootcamp class

Well, today sucked. Not because of the workout, but because I just felt like shit today after being at the vet last night (see my blog post from yesterday). My eyes were all swollen when I looked in the mirror at 5am, but I thought I might feel better if I got a workout in and stuck to my schedule. I confessed to Troy and my class that I missed on Tuesday because of my hurting calves and that I was looking to do something else for cross training, however, since I loved bootcamp and was committed to it that I would continue, but just modify it so I don't do running or other jumping stuff. I did that today and it worked pretty well. We did lots of abs and arms so I felt like I got a good workout in still.

I maintained my composure and kept my mind off of Homer during the workout, but almost as soon as I got in the car the waterworks started again. That is the strange thing about grief - it hits at random times. One of the things that gets me the most is how much this is affecting Mike (again, see my blog post from last night that he wrote). So, Mike and I decided to take personal days today. We are giving ourselves permission to be sad and go through this grief process together. Breathe in. Breathe out.

No comments:

Post a Comment