Thursday, March 10, 2011

Everybody Grab a Partner!

Thurs, March 10
5:30am - 6:30am - Bootcamp at LifeCenter

Today was really fun because there were four of us so we did mostly partner workouts! This is how we broke it down:

First we did a new thing for our warm-up. Have you seen those big rope things on the Biggest Loser? They sorta look like ropes for like boat anchors. Well, I've never seen them in action...until today! They look easy and I'm always yelling at the tv like, "come on, move it, move it!" Well, I can tell you first hand, they are hard! You lift them up and down as high as you can and as fast as you can. The other set of partners did a jumping activity (boy I love those).

Then we did our first partner combo thing. The first exercise was a circuit of three different exercises that added up to 300. The first one was one person was in a wheel barrow position (heeeyyy!) and the other held that persons feet - on their shoulders. The standing person did a squat and then the wheel barrow person did a pushup. We did a total of 100 of these between us. This was probably the hardest one of the day.

The next 100 combo involved one person in a wheel barrow position and the other held their feet, just at waist level. The person on the ground had to touch a cone with one hand, so kinda like a modified plank push-up thing. We each did 50 of these.

Finally we did partner pull-ups. Each of us took turns pulling the other one up from a laying down position and then back down. We each did 50 of those.

Our next circuit was a "mirror exercise". Using dumbbells each of us took turns being the trainer and the other person had to do whatever exercise they picked for 15 reps. We focused on arms, backs and shoulders and we did this for like 10 minutes and then the other person was the trainer.

Next, we did a cool race thing. We had six stations to get through, that spanned the whole gym, and we had to get through all six in like 2 min and 30 sec. We did it and then of course we had to do it again and beat our time - and we did!

Finally, we did a circuit ab workout that was killer. Now, why am I being so detailed in my descriptions of these workouts? Well, I'll tell you...I'm not sure there will be Boot camp classes this summer and I want to start writing them down so I can recreate them on my own if I need to. See, there is a method to my madness, afterall!

Great workout - fun and different. Now to rest until my 7 mile run on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment