Saturday, March 12, 2011

Half way there!

Sat, March 12
Ran 7 miles on the inside Life Center track
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes 13 sec; Pace: 10'44"

Whew! Made it through my longest run to date! Yahoo! I felt in the zone big time today. After about 3 miles in I felt like I was running on autopilot. Then somewhere between mile 3 and 4, the Dixie Chicks song came on the iPod, "Not Ready to Make Nice" and I started getting tears in my eyes. Not sure entirely why, but it was a good thing - it propelled me forward. The hardest part was between mile 6 and 7, but I did it. No walking, no stopping. Today's run was a good internal run...with the iPod I was really focused inward and was able to just think and process....good stuff.

My knees really felt it afterwards, but I walked for about 3 laps and then stretched for about 10 minutes before heading home.

With every mile I add I can feel my confidence building. I think I might actually be able to do this, come May 15!! Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment