Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cross-Train Change-Up

Tues,March 29
Yoga at JCU - lunchtime

So I decided to take some advice and change up my cross-training day workout today. I did not go to boot camp, but decided on yoga instead at lunch. It was the first time I had ever done a real yoga class and I enjoyed it. It was called "Power Yoga" and it wasn't really what I expected. I learned a lot of cool poses, so that was cool, but what I was surprised by was the music that played during it. It was like some Madonna and other upbeat stuff for most of the class and I guess I was expecting calm, and serene music - similar to what plays when you are getting a massage. It kind of annoyed me actually because it was not really relaxing at all, but work! However, I really did enjoy the stretches and how good they felt. For the rest of the day my body felt really loose and relaxed. Good. While I felt really good about doing it and I want to keep yoga in my routine during the week, I also felt like it really was not a good substitute for cross-training. I mean I did not sweat really at all and that is saying a lot for me (the dude in front of me, however was soaked!!).

I think what I will do is keep doing bootcamp, but just modify it if needed (not too much legs or jumping). All of the arms and other strength training is really good. But yoga is awesome. I hope to keep doing it twice a week at lunch. I didn't really get the peaceful, mediation feel from it today (maybe because of the music or the instructor's style, but the stretching definitely rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment