Thursday, March 17, 2011

Early morning excitement

Thurs, March 17
5:30am - 6:30am, Bootcamp class at LifeCenter

At the very beginning of our class there was this huge noise and sparks! One of the overhead lights in the gym had burnt out right over our heads! Hey, that is a lot of excitement for 5:30am! Usually the only sounds we hear are the really bad and old music remixes on the "radio" that they play (think: Hotel California and the like).

Today we focused on chest and back. Lots of pushups, renegade rows, etc. This time we did a circuit using a bar with the circle weights on the end...not sure what they are called. As per usual we increased our reps for the third time through. They were pretty tough. Then we used it to do lunges across the gym which was very tough...I'd prefer using the Bosu ball, actually!

Our warm up included some running so I gave Troy the evil eye for that one. I was glad that we didn't use our deltoids much as my tetanus shot from Tuesday morning has still made my arm sore. I'm starting to wonder if I should be getting more cardio into these workouts, but the strength training is really good...gotta have a good balance right?

No comments:

Post a Comment