Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Magic of H2O!

Saturday, March 26
Ran 8 miles at the indoor track at LifeCenter
Time: 1:28:11; Pace: 11'01"/mile

Yes, I did it! And my legs were not dying! I think I figured out a big part of my problem. I deliberately made an effort to hydrate more all day yesterday and that seemed to have made a big difference. I mean, I'm sore, but not sore like before. After about 4 miles in I started to feel really good. And actually the last two miles were actually fun! The song "Centerfold" by the J. Geils Band came on during the last two miles and that is my jam. I was kinda rockin' it out. Singing out loud, clapping, oh yeah, all of that madness. No one even seemed to notice or look at me funny (unless they were laughing behind my back). And even if they were I didn't care because I felt on top of the world at that moment. Physically I felt great and mentally I felt so good about breaking another distance barrier. So, excuse me, I think I'm gonna go grab a drink of water!

1 comment: