Friday, March 18, 2011

Kept on track...but outside!!

Fri, March 18
Ran OUTSIDE for 35 minutes!
Distance: 3.41 miles; Pace: 10'17"

So, this morning for some reason I was just really tired and I woke up with a headache. I just didn't want to go run at all. So I climbed back in bed and reset my alarm. I knew I couldn't get my run in at lunch because I had a lunch meeting today. I sorta gave up at that point...just faced the fact that I would have to miss a workout. I had even written the word "skipped" by today's workout on the training schedule on my fridge. However, thanks to my friend Lyn, who reminded me about running outside after work, I got re-motivated to do just that...and I did! Gotta love daylight savings time! It was a beautiful early evening and it felt really freeing to be outside again.

I ran my old 3 mile route and then just added some more on at the end. The run itself felt good - again I can feel that I'm stronger than before. The hills (they aren't huge by any stretch) were not bad at all where before they were tougher. I hope to continue to go outside so I can get used to it again...the opposite of the flat track. The inside track is great for getting it done, but there is just no substitute for outside.

So, I feel good that I was able to stay "on track", if you will, and my training program has not been compromised!! So, I erased the "skipped" and replaced it with a checkmark. Thanks, Lyn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment